Food News and Colorful Sunset
Center for Food Safety Prevails in Food-borne Illness Prevention Case …June 21st, 2013 – (re-posted from Center for Food Safety) Federal Court Issues Injunction, Orders Food and Drug Administration to Complete Food Safety Regulations By New Deadlines
Today a Federal Court ordered the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to complete the long-awaited new food safety regulations of the 2011 Food Safety Modernization Act. The Center for Food Safety sued FDA in August 2012 for failing to enact the urgently-needed regulations by the summer 2012 dates Congress mandated. By the Court’s Order, all FSMA regulations must be final by June 30, 2015. All drafts must be released to the public by November 30, 2013.
“This is a critical victory for consumers, farmers, and the public health,” said George Kimbrell, CFS senior attorney. “The Court’s decision will ensure FDA cannot unduly delay these life-saving measures any longer, while also ensuring all interested parties have a meaningful say in their outcome.”
According to the Centers for Disease Control, every year 47.8 million people (one in six Americans) are sickened as a result of food-borne illness. Tragically, three thousand die annually and nearly 128,000 are hospitalized. Many suffer serious long-term effects such as kidney failure, chronic arthritis, and nerve and brain damage. Read More….
…And now… a Colorful Sunset
thanks for stoppin’ in at ‘Bellingham Blog’ :) a<|>w*
1. It started with an almost full super ‘Super Moon’ on June 21st, 2013
2. Then the sun was setting…
3. ..and a bird flew into view…. (i actually hire them to do this) :)
4. …the top of the sky started turning pink….
5. …and a streak of yellow-peachy cloud danced through the pink….
6. ..then the sky grew blue again… (acutally my camera was loosing battery power)
7. The pink again owned the sky…
7. …then the peach….
8. …then a silhouette with lots of color…and a birdie… really, it’s there…
9. ..and another silhouette w/ the birdie… just before the colors fade to night :)